Art

Art

Saturday, April 8, 2017

pushing the reset button



My son is taking a few days to stay with his sister at the beach for spring break. I won't have any driving to do so I'm going to hole myself up and push the reset button. I've finished my taxes, which was nightmarish due to a home sale and a divorce last year, and now I'm going to hit the ground running. I've gone back to Dave Ramsey's course, Financial Peace University, which I highly recommend, read most of the 251 pages of The Non-Consumer Advocate, you can start here if you want to start at the beginning, NCA, and compiled a reading list of many blogs pertaining to frugal/simple living on my facebook page. When I sold my home last year, I was in a flurry of a divorce, moving, becoming a full-time single mother, so I spent and spent and spent. Fortunately, I invested the bulk and put aside money for taxes but...I got hit with a tuition that I was not expecting, so that managed to wipe out my savings. Not my investments just my savings. I'm now on a path to re-building that savings account, finding a way to bring in income and find a way to purchase a home. It's going to be a huge year with a lot of mental challenge and an enormous amount of discipline, but it'll be the first time that I'll be working toward achieving a goal for myself, only. 
I'm very excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment