Art

Art

Sunday, April 9, 2017



Yesterday, as a part of discipline and a better usage of my time than watching reruns of 'Hoarders,' I decided to do something I never do, I made reservations early to take my son back to college in the fall. I travel with him to school every year to get him settled, as I did my daughter. It's special bonding time that seems to make both of us feel better about losing each other for a few months. Usually, throughout my marriage, it was always planned at the last minute for an exorbitant amount of extra money because my ex-husband insisted on waiting, claiming "we didn't have the money" yet, every year I went. A lot of drama would ensue, a lot of money would be wasted, and it would ruin the beauty of the whole event...one of the many reasons the marriage ended. This year to break old habits, I planned it early. I bought two round trip tickets because the r/t ticket for him was the same price as the one way, go figure. The hotel, my favorite in Bloomington which just happened to be on Hotels.com for a better price than the others, I opted for the free cancellation price just in case when my son finally got back to me about the dates being ok I could cancel if necessary. He did, the dates were fine. This morning as I was becoming familiar with Ebates and Swagbucks as I am a newbie, I became learned on travel options. I canceled my previous room and rescheduled a room without a free cancellation through Ebates which was an even better price and provided cash back. I ended up saving almost $200 and earned cash to boot. It took me all of ten minutes. This year the process was wholly satisfying and not filled with angst and drama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment